Gallstone treatment in Bangalore is highly popular amongst people across the globe, owing to the clinical expertise and top quality of services offered by the best doctors in Bangalore for gallstone treatment. These are basically hardened deposits of digestive juices whichget accumulated in the gallbladder. They differ in size from as small as a granule of sand to as large as a golf ball. Some peoplemay have just one gallstone, whereas others may have several gallstones all at the same point of time.
Common Symptoms that indicate the need for Gallstone surgery in Bangalore, India
Though gallstones may not signal any significant symptoms, they can be a cause of concern if they are found in a duct resulting in its blockage. Below are the common symptoms resulting from such a condition –
- Pain in the right shoulder.
- Abrupt and fastly growing pain in the middle of the abdomen.
- Sudden onset of pain in the upper right area of the abdomen.
- Back pain in the area between the shoulder blades.
Such kinds of pains may end up in few minutes to several hours. It is advised to get in touch with your doctor as soon as possible on the onset of pain so that you may receive the best suitable treatment.
Get your gallstones timely and correctly diagnosed by the best doctors in Bangalore for gallstone
Doctors usually use one or more of the following investigations for diagnosing gallstones –
- Blood tests
- CT / MRI scan
- HIDA Scan (Hepatobiliary Iminodiacetic Acid Scan)
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography)
Gallstone treatment performed by the best doctors in Bangalore for Gallstone
- If you have acute cholecystitis then your doctor would initially try to manage it through intravenous fluid resuscitationand antibiotic administration by hospitalizing you for few days.
- Acute cholecystitis usually gets resolved with the help of non-surgical management in the initial stage. Though, you may be reassessed on a frequent basisfor monitoring of fever curve, lab tests, and physical signs and symptoms of inflammation.
- If your condition is deteriorating or your body is not showing significant signs of improvement, then changes in management will be done. This would primarily include
- changing of antibiotic regimen,
- percutaneous cholecystostomy, or
- operative cholecystectomy.
- Taking decision to undergo cholecystectomy in the early stage has an advantage of treating the illness faster than going for it in the advanced stages of illness, suggest the best doctors in Bangalore for gallstone.
- It is also important to know that the surgery is advised tobe performed within 48 hours after the start of symptoms as there is less inflammation around the base of the gallbladder at that time. If thesame is done during an episode of acute cholecystitis, the rate of conversion from laparoscopic mode of surgery to open or traditional approach surgery gets increased from less than 1% to around 5%.
- Tube cholecystostomy is performed for treating those patients who have acute cholecystitis and who fail torespond to the systemic therapy.Such patients are not suitable candidates for cholecystectomy due to the severity of illness or other associated medical problems. Though cholecystostomy can be conducted by operation, such patients normally benefit more from the less invasive percutaneous approach of treatment.
- An episode of acute cholecystitis can also be treated through drainage and decompression of the gallbladder. Once the acute episode gets controlled, you can ultimately undergo either cholecystectomy or even percutaneous stone extraction and elimination/removal of the cholecystostomy tube. This kind of treatment modality is more reasonable in old age people or very sick patients who can’t be treated under general anaesthesia.
Advantages of Laparoscopic Gallstone treatment in Bangalore
This technique is also known as Minimally Invasive or Keyhole Surgery as the main approach in this is to reach the targeted area through very small incision with the help of high-end camera and equipment.
With the advancement of newer technologies and availability of highly proficient and the best doctors in Bangalore for gallstone treatment, you will have the following advantages of choosing to undergo laparoscopic cholecystectomy –
- The major advantage is that you can return home on the same day and start performing your daily routine activities.
- It does not involve any large cuts on your body; rather is done through tiny hole and is a pain-free procedure.
- Your recovery time will be shorter allowing you to live a normal healthy life in least possible time.
- The laparoscopic technique is free from complications like post-op infection and swelling, bleeding, etc.
- You will also be able to avoid scarring at the surgical site.
Thus, gallbladder surgery in Bangaloreis the best way out for the treatment of gallstones and leading a pain-free life. All the facilities here are designed and customized in a way that you would have maximum benefit of receiving comprehensive care that is at par with the world-class standards.