BEST BARIATRIC SURGEON IN BANGALORE
Dr Adarsh M Patil mbbs ms fages
He is Consultant Bariatric Surgeon is associated with eminent hospitals like Manipal Hospital, Apollo Hospitals and Narayana Hrudalaya in Bangalore.
He has completed his Bariatric Surgery Training from ” The Center of Obesity Surgery in the AZ Sint-Jan Hospital in Bruges (Belgium) . Directed by world renowned Dr. Bruno Dillemans
He believes in that Patient safety comes first and strives to provide exceptional service to patients.
FOR APPOINTMENTS CALL NOW!- +91 9972446882
SLEEVE GASTRIC SURGERY IN BANGALORE BETTER THAN OTHER BARIATRIC PROCEDURE
For a very long time gastric by-pass surgery has been the most opted routine of weight loss surgery by the surgeons all over the world. However, in the recent past, Sleeve gastric surgery seems to have replaced gastric by-pass. To be able to understand the reasons why this Sleeve gastric surgery in Bangalore has become so famous, we first need to understand what exactly is done in this procedure and how it helps in weight loss.
SLEEVE GASTRIC SURGERY IN BANGALORE:
This surgery basically involves the removal of a large portion of the stomach. What is left behind is a sleeve, which is shaped like a banana and it is this sleeve which connects the esophagus to the small intestines.
large portion of the stomach is removed along with the portion of stomach which secrets hormones that make a person feel hungry thus automatically reducing the intake of food which eventually assisting in weight loss.
WHY THIS SURGERY IS BETTER:
Gastric by-pass and duodenal switch are some of the other surgical procedures which are very commonly used for weight loss purposes are often reserved for super Obese that is patients with weight above 250 kg.
However, the surgeons are preferring sleeve gastric surgery instead of the above two techniques for the simple reason that unlike the other two surgical procedures, sleeve gastric surgery tends to be less invasive and it also does not cause too much rearranging of the digestive system of the patient. As a result of this sleeve gastric surgery offers the following benefits over the other weight loss surgery procedures:
- The complication rate after the surgery is comparatively much less.
- The patients who have undergone this procedure have reported lesser problems with respect to absorption of food.
- The recovery time after this surgery is also quite less.
Some of the other benefits which this surgical procedure offers include the following:
- The cost of this surgery is less compared to other bariatric surgery procedures.
- The weight loss results of this surgery are as good as from any other weight loss surgery.
- It is quite effective in solving the problem of obesity and the problems related to that issue. Some of the common problems associated with obesity which get reduced through this procedure include, diabetes, hypertension or high blood pressure as it is commonly known as and hyperlipidaemia, which is basically high, levels of fat present in the blood.
The sleeve gastric surgery in Bangalore or in any other part of the world, does not involve rearrangement of the digestive system of the patient or insertion of any foreign body in the system of the patient. As a result of this, the number of complications which occur after the surgery get reduced greatly. Some of the complications which are common to other weight loss surgeries, but can be avoided through this surgery include the following:
- The chances of the patient suffering from vitamin or nutritional deficiencies are quite low.
- The dumping syndrome can be avoided through the use of this weight loss surgical procedure.
- The chances of the occurrence of the long term gastroesophageal Reflux disease (GERD), which are quite high in the case of other restrictive procedures for weight loss, is quite low in the case of sleeve gastric surgery.
CONS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SURGERY:
Like everything else in life, sleeve gastric surgery also has certain drawbacks. Irrespective of whether you go in for this Sleeve gastric surgery in Bangalore or in any part of the world, these withdrawals will be associated with this surgery.
- The major part of this surgery is that once the procedure has been completed, there is no going back. Therefore, unlike gastric banding, where the process can be reversed, once the size of the stomach has been reduced through this procedure, there is no way through which the stomach can be restored to its original size.
- In order to reduce the size of the stomach, there is a long line of staples which gets created in the process. There is a risk of bleeding or leaking happening through this line of staples.
RESULTS OF THIS SURGERY:
At the end of the day, any patient who is undergoing this surgery would be more interested in the end results, rather than the procedures. Therefore, for the patient what matters is that whether or not this surgery is able to produce the kind of weight loss that he or she wants and if this weight loss is similar to, other weight loss surgical procedures. l
Studies have shown that sleeve gastric surgery helps the patients get rid of almost 70% their excessive weight in the very first years and in the long run (that is, after 3 years or more) the overall excess weight loss ranges between 64% to 75%.
These results are very much similar to the weight loss results achieved through any other bariatric surgery..
AFTER EFFECTS OF SLEEVE GASTRIC SURGERY:
As mentioned earlier, the rate of complications and mortality is lowest in this form of bariatric surgery. However, there are certain issues which the patient may have to deal with, after having undergone this surgery. These issues may include the following.
- Difficulty is swallowing
All of the above symptoms or issues are present in other forms of weight loss surgeries as well and in fact, in the case of sleeve gastric surgery, the impact of these effects would be the least as the connection between the stomach and intestine is maintained in this procedure.
All the top hospitals in India are offering this procedure to their patients. The doctors present in Bangalore hospitals are considered to be one of the best surgeons for this type of surgery and therefore getting Sleeve gastric surgery in Bangalore may be a good decision.
COST OF SLEEVE GASTRIC SURGERY IN BANGALORE
We believe in quality services . We always make sure patient gets the best and we do not reuse the staplers required for surgeries which is one the common reasons for complication in this surgery.
The total Package which includes the Stay , Opertion & Doctors fee may range from 3,00,000/ to 5,00,000 INRBased on the complexity involved in the surgery , associated medical conditions and type of facility availed .there are no surprise expenses.