Dr Adarsh M Patil. mbbs. ms.
Phone- +91 9972446882
Consultant surgeon and interested in the area of Gastro- Intestinal and Minimal Access Surgery.
Intra mesenteric appendicular position
Indian Journal of Surgery
Randomised comparative study comparing mesh gauze dressing with collagen based dressing for skin graft donor site .To compare rate of healing,pain and cost
- Laparoscopic Appendix.
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgeries .
- Laparoscopic Hernia repair.
- Laparoscopic Perforation Closure.
- Laparoscopic splenectomise
- Laparoscopic Cardiomytomy
- BariatricSurgery- Sleeve resection.
- Laparoscopic adrenal surgery
- Laparoscopic resection of large and small intestine
- Basic gynecology surgeries
- Piles surgery – Hemorrhoid, Fissure, Fistula,
- Gastric Resection.
- Small and Large Intestine Resections.
- Basic Hepatic Biliary Surgery.
- Esophageal Resection.
- Pancreatic surgeries.
- Breast Surgeries (MRM).
- Thyroid surgeries .
- Hernia surgery.
- Surgical Emergency
- Basic thoracic surgery
- Basic pediatric surgery
- Basic vascular surgery
- Basic plastic surgery procedure
Trauma Surgery-Handle poly trauma with abdominal injuries , Manage post operative intensive care & rehabilitation.
Management Skills -Understanding of basics principles of marketing ,operations of a hospital. Understand principles of investment banking.
– (2 years 6 months)
During this period apart from attending Out Patient, In Patient and Emergencies I have participated in numerous advanced open surgeries and laparoscopic procedures (Lap Chole, Appendix, Lap GJ, Lap Duodenal perforation Closure, Lap Hernia repair, Diagnostic Laparoscopy Ect)
Apart from Hepatic Biliary duct surgeries I am also part of the team which performs Liver transplant in the hospital and have been involved in post op ICU Care of the patient .
In this unit on an average 50 Gastro Intestinal and Hepatic Biliary surgeries are performed per month. This unit has also performed 3 successful liver transplants till date.
Routine Surgical procedures conducted at this Center
Large and small Intestinal resection
Malignant Pancreatic Biliary surgeries- Pancreatico jeunostomy
Laparoscopic Procedures :
Incision Hernia Repair.
Diaphramatic Hernia repair.
– (11 months)
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical Collage Belgaum -590010
As a lecturer and consultant , at the medical collage I was involved in teaching program to undergraduate and post graduate as well ,On an average I took 2-3 teaching classes per week for under-graduates and 5 classes for postgraduates, in which I taught them about clinical examination methods an also theory part of important topics of general surgery. , I participated in various seminars and in clinical case discussions. Also represented the unit in various clinical meetings and discussion like Death Auditing, Journal Club, Thesis Discussions, Clinico Radiological and Clinico Pathological meetings
– (1 year 2 months)
1) Kidwai Memorial Institute Of Oncology, –Regional Center for Cancer Research and Treatment Member of INTERNATIONAL UNION AGAINST CANCER
M.H.Marigowda Road, Banglore-560029
During the period, worked in different surgical units.
Gastrointestinal & Genitourinary Surgery:
During the period of five months performed surgeries related to gastro-intestinal and genitor-urinary system. Apart from attending the ward work and out patient departments.
• Stomach malignancy – partial and total gastrectomy
• Colo – rectal – Total colectomy, abdomino-perineal resections,
• During this period performed and assisted esophageal surgeries viz.
• Trans-hiatus oesophagectomy
• Trans-thoracic three stage oesophagectomy
During the period of two months performed numerous
• Modified radical mastectomies.
• Best Conserving Surgeries.
• Surgeries for benign breast diseases.
– (3 years)
POST GRADUATE QUALIFICATION :M.S. (General Surgery)
From “J. N. Medical College and K. L. E. Hospital, Belgaum, Karnataka, India-590010
Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science Bangalore Karnataka India
Both above medical colleges are recognized by “Medical Council of India” and are listed in the WHO publication “World Directory of Medical Schools”
Post Graduation in General Surgery
Studied M.S. (General surgery) in J. N. Medical College and K. L. E. Hospital Belgaum, Karnataka, with the following details:
– As a Senior House Office in general surgery for one year
– As a Senior House Officer in four sub specialties of general surgery, Viz, Cardio
Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Urology & Surgical Intensive
Care Unit, each of 3 months duration.
– As a Junior Registrar in Accident & Emergency Medicine for 6 months.
– As a Senior Registrar in General Surgery for more than one year.